To add your SPACES, go to Settings>Basic>Spaces, then follow the instructions below.
- Click Add New Space at the bottom right of the page
- Add the Space Name
- If you have setup multiple locations, choose the location where you are adding the space.
NOTE: You can start a “hierarchical tree” for any item such as a space, for example "Building A or Church Building" and then add “children” to the hierarchical tree, such as the floors, or rooms in that building. When referring to a hierarchical tree, a “parent” is considered the top node and the “child” is the item under/within the “parent”. You can order the spaces by dragging and dropping to the desired location.
In the example below, Church Building is a parent and Conference Rooms is a Sub-parent with the individual Conference Rooms listed below as child spaces.
- If you are using Sub-Admins to approve certain items (Spaces, Resources, Services), you can select from the drop-down the Approval Area that you'd like to associate with the Space (optional).
- Assign a Form and make it required, if desired. These are forms that you have created and that are stored in Settings>Advanced>Form Builder. The required form will be attached to the Space, and will be required to be completed when the Space is selected during the event creation process and on the Setup tab.
- The “Can Item be Scheduled?” and “Requires Approval” both default to being checked, adjust if desired.
- Available for Public Request - If you are using an Event Request Form on your Public Calendar and want the requester to be able to select a space, you must check this box to make it available to the public.
- Add the Maximum Space Capacity (this is optional but is a recommended field to include to assist with the Find a Space search feature and when choosing a space that will accommodate the number of people attending).
- At the SPACE level, you can set a "minimum" number of people required in order to reserve the space. You can set it by editing any desired SPACE by selecting the blue edit button, go to the following setting, enter your "Minimum # of People Required to Reserve Space" as shown below and SAVE.
By setting this value, your users will no longer be able to reserve the SPACE unless they meet the minimum # of people that is set. This really helps you avoid having the bigger rooms booked for smaller events.
NOTE: If a SPACE is unavailable due to this restriction the user will see an unavailable notice with a # of People violation reason.
- Adding "Allowed Configurations" is an optional feature and only necessary if you plan to offer various configuration descriptions per room.
- Click "Allowed Configurations" to expand, view and select configurations that you want to attach to an item. To delete a configuration, click on the red remove button. To set a configuration as the default, select the blue "Set default" button.
NOTE: Once this has been done, the default configuration will show for the space within the Setup tab of event creation.
- Adding Documents is an optional feature. Click on "Documents" to expand, view and select documents from your document library to attach to any item.
Once you have completed adding your information, be sure to select SAVE!
- You can delete a Space by clicking on the Space, then click the red Delete button and process accordingly.
RESOURCES: Add resources (movable asset) or attributes that are for used as part of an event (i.e. video projectors, sound equipment, flip charts, chairs, tables, etc.). They should be added the same way you add a Space; however, if you have multiple locations and you want your resources to be shared with all locations, do not assign the Resource to a specific location...leave blank. Resources cannot have the same names.
Tracking a Resource: To track a resource, place a check-mark in the box under Inventoried Resource ? AND add your Quantity on Hand. Every time an event is added that requires the inventoried resource, you will be able to see how many are available and/or if there is a shortage. If there is a shortage, it will appear on your dashboard under "! Resource Shortages".
SERVICES: A Service requires human interaction such as Housekeeping, Childcare, Food Service, Security, etc. To add a service, follow the same process as described in Spaces; however, if you have multiple locations and you want your services to be shared with all locations, do not assign the Service to a specific location...leave blank. You may want to consider adding an Approval Area to match each service, so that the person(s) responsible for the service can be made a Sub-Administrator(s) and approve events requiring their service (area of responsibility).
HINT: We recommend using hierarchical trees as well for resources and services as recommended above for spaces. You have the option to disable conflicts for resources and/or services (see below). Go to Settings>Advanced>General to find these options. You cannot select certain resources or services that this applies to—it is ALL or NONE.
DRAG & DROP
All Spaces, Resources and Services are in Alpha order by default. However, you can always change the order by going to your desired item, then select the Drag & Drop button as shown below.
Then you will be taken to a list of your selected items where you can drag & drop your items, ordering them how you want.
NOTE: You can also create a parent/child hierarchy by moving an item to another parent item.