To get started with this feature, an Admin will need to go to Settings>Advanced>Availability. Within “Availability”, there are two options: Schedules and Closures.
We are going to begin by first looking at Schedules!
Schedules - These are your allowable availability schedules that can then be assigned to your facility, location(s), and/or any items (Spaces, Resources, Services). For example, you may want to create availability schedules for the following:
- Normal Business Hours of Operation
- School Hours of Operation (if applicable)
- Weekends Only
NOTE: Admins have the ability to override schedules! When adding an event, the system looks at the Availability Schedule, based on the following order:
Creating a New Availability Schedule
- Click on “Schedules” then “Create New Availability Schedule”.
- Next, add the schedule name and any notes.
- Continue on by setting up your desired schedule and SAVE!
NOTE: To add multiple schedules, just repeat the above steps. You can edit or delete any schedule. To edit a schedule, click the green ”Edit” button, make your changes and SAVE. To delete a schedule, click on the red “Delete” button and Save.
Now that you’ve added all of your allowable Schedules, go to Settings>Advanced>General where you will see the option to select a default schedule from a drop-down menu for your facility.
NOTE: This is an optional field; however, if a schedule is not selected then the allowable event times will start with your open time and no closing time!
- Once you select your desired schedule, the schedule will pre-populate. Be sure to SAVE!
NOTE: Once the schedule has been added and saved, users will only be able to schedule events within these time frames. If they try to schedule outside of this time frame, they will see the following and not be able to schedule the item(s). However, any Admin has the right to override this function!
If you click on the red icon showing no availability, you will be able to see the reason why the item cannot be scheduled.
Adding an Availability Schedule to a Specific Location:
- Go to Settings>Basic>Locations and click on the edit button to the right of your desired location.
- Select your desired Schedule and SAVE!
NOTE: Once the schedule has been added and saved for the location, users will only be able to schedule events within these time frames. If they try to schedule outside of this time frame, they will see the following and not be able to schedule the item(s). However, any Admin has the right to override this function!
Adding an Availability Schedule to an Item(s), being Spaces, Resources, and Services:
- Go to Settings>Basic and then select Item, and click on the Edit button to add a specific Availability Schedule and SAVE.
NOTE: If you have a facility Availability Schedule and also an item schedule, Admins can edit a schedule for any item(s) if the change is within the facility schedule time frames. Simply click the blue “Edit” button, make your changes, and SAVE.
Now we’re going to take a look at “Closures”.
Closures - These are allowable closures that any Admin can add for reasons such as:
- Inclement weather
- Work being done
NOTE: Closures are for a particular instance and time frame. Admins have the ability to close down a facility as a whole, by location and even by item (Space, Resource, Service). They also have the ability to override closures!
Creating a New Closure
- Go to Settings>Advanced>Availability>Closures, then select “Add New Closure”.
- Add name of closure and description….
- If the closure is for one or multiple locations, be sure to include a calendar label. Otherwise, the closure will not show on your internal or public calendars.
- Next, add the closure date and select if you want it to be an all day closure or start and end at a specific time. You can also make the closure continuous over a period of time and/or add recurrence rules (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, custom).
- Continue on and select if you want the closure to be “location specific”.
NOTE: If you select this, you will be able to select your desired location(s).
- If your closure is “item specific” (for spaces, resources, or services), then be sure to check this box.
NOTE: If you select this, you will be able to view and make your desired selections.
- Once you have finished completing the form, be sure to SAVE!
Adding an Item(s) During a Closure
If you try to schedule an event and reserve spaces when you have a closure (for item or location(s)), users will NOT be able to add any items. There is a red icon indicating the item(s) cannot be selected or reserved.
Calendar Closures Reflected on Calendars
Here is an example for a closure, due to a Holiday, that is represented on my internal and public calendars.